HEART Business Journal For Women®
McGraw-Hill Prize Pack GIVEAWAY
Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations
1.The HEART Business Journal For Women® McGraw-Hill Prize Pack Giveaway (the “giveaway”) commences 9:59 a.m. (ET) Friday, August 1st, 2008 and concludes 11:59 p.m. (ET) Friday, October 31st, 2008 (the “Contest Period”). The Giveaway is brought to you by HEART Business Journal For Women®, a division of EKG Marketing Inc. (HEART Business Journal For Women® and EKG Marketing Inc. are collectively referred to as the “Giveaway Sponsors”).
2. The Giveaway is open to all legal residents of Canada that are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the Giveaway Period, excluding all residents of the province of Quebec.
3. Notwithstanding the above, the Giveaway is not open to individuals associated with the Giveaway, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Giveaway Sponsors (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Giveaway (collectively, the Excluded Individuals”). This Giveaway is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
HOW TO ENTER
4. To enter for a chance to win, click on the HEART Business Journal
For Women McGraw-Hill Giveaway link on the HEART Business Journal For
Women Website "http://www.heartbusinessjournal.com" follow the instructions and complete theonline entry form by submitting your first name, last name, email address, daytime telephone number (including area code), mailing address and upload a photo that includes you, the entrant and a copy of HEART Business Journal for Women®. Entries will not be eligible if sent by any method not specified above or if received outside of the Giveaway Period.
5. No purchase is required to enter. Only one entry per submission will be accepted during the Giveaway Period. Multiple entries of any kind by the same person will be Disqualified. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the prize will be allowed.
6. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) McGraw-Hill tote bag and (4) McGraw-Hill titles. Valued at approximately $100 Cdn.
6.1 EKG Marketing Inc. accepts no responsibility for damage ensued during shipping of the Grand Prize.
7. Within five (5) business days of the end of the Giveaway Period, one (1) entrant will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received as the potential Grand Prize winner.
8. In order to be declared a winner by the Giveaway judges, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations and, in particular, the following:
8.1 A HEART Business Journal For Women® employee must be able to reach
the potential winner by telephone within three (3) business days of the date on which the potential winner’s entry was selected.
8.2 The potential winner must correctly answer, unaided and within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by an EKG Marketing Inc. employee by telephone.
8.3 The potential winner must complete, sign and return a standard form declaration and release prepared by HEART Business Journal For Women within ten (10) days from the date on which the form is sent to the potential winner.
9. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, the Giveaway judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Giveaway and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
10. Each declared winner consents to the Giveaway Sponsors’ use of his/ her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity or programming purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
11. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for selected entrants or declared winners, who will be contacted by telephone.
12. The decisions of the Giveaway judges are final, and entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of HEART Business Journal For Women. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations or any decision rendered by the Giveaway judges, the decision or interpretation of the Giveaway judges shall
13. All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by, HEART Business Journal For Women®. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid.
14. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Giveaway, in the Giveaway judges’ sole discretion (collectively referred to as “Prohibited Acts”), is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Giveaway judges reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future HEART Business Journal For Women® Giveaways.
For further clarity, Prohibited Acts include, without limitation:
(i) Multiple users for one HEART Business Journal For Women® Account - a
HEART Business Journal For Women® username and password shall only be used by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address associated with the username and password and by no other person. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the individual to whom an email address is assigned by the organization that is responsible for the domain.
(ii) One user with multiple HEART Business Journal For Women® Accounts -
each user is permitted to have only one authorized HEART Business Journal For Women® account with one username and password.
(iii) Use of automated equipment - the use of any automated equipment to participate in this Giveaway is prohibited.
(iv) Playing multiple instances of any game or interactive element – users are not permitted to play multiple instances of any game or interactive element at the same time in order to manipulate any point accumulation.
15. HEART Business Journal For Women® assumes no responsibility for:
entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption, or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
16. HEART Business Journal For Women® reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by HEART Business Journal For Women® and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges EKG Marketing Inc. and its agent of all obligations related to prizes including delivery.
17. HEART Business Journal For Women® reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this Giveaway at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
18. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Giveaway entrants individually, and each entrant releases the Giveaway Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or the use of any prize.
19. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
20. The Giveaway and these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
21. The winners agree to release EKG Marketing Inc., The Giveaway organizers from any and all liability regarding prizes. Winners agree to sign a liability waiver form to this effect. No substitutions or cash alternatives will be allowed, except as specifically provided in the Giveaway Rules and Regulations. To be eligible to win, a selected Giveaway entrant must reside in Canada at the time he or she becomes eligible to win, otherwise the prize will be put back in the prize pool. All expenses and costs, which are not specifically indicated above as being included will be the winner's responsibility.
22. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
23. For a copy of the Contest Rules and Regulations, please write to:
HEART Business Journal For Women® McGraw-Hill Giveaway
EKG Marketing Inc.
607 Talbot St.